ZAKARIYA MASJID CORONOVIRUS GUIDELINES
Assalāmu ‘alaykum warahmatullāhi wa barakātuhu;
From behalf of Zakariya Masjid we would like to share with you the following guidelines please adhere to them until further notice:
1. If you have a symptom of fever and/ or a new cough we advise you to avoid attending congregation prayers until you have fully recovered.
• There is a risk you could infect others.
2. Wash your hands regularly (20secs minimum) and especially prior to eating or after contact with others.
3. If you are feeling unwell avoid physical contact with others
4. After each Fardh Salah try to disperse as soon as possible. Avoid crowding and grouping after salah. Either keep busy in ibadat or return home immediately after Salah and adhkaar
5. Please perform Wudu for all congregation prayers at home if possible, new Wudu should be done for each Salah. It is also more rewarding for one to perform Wudu in his home in preparation for attending the house of Allah
6. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
7. If you yourself are tested positive for the virus or someone you have had recent contact with is tested possible, please ensure to get yourself tested and inform the Masjid of your situation, in order for other attendees to carry out any precautionary measures they wish to do so.
8. Recite Al-Mu’awwidhatyn i.e. Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Naas daily morning and evening
9. A Muslim should reflect on this global outbreak and realise that this is a reminder from Allah to awaken our hearts. Allah is The Almighty and Powerful. Nothing happens without his decree.
We should turn to Allah and repent for our sins and pledge to abstain from sins and spend a life in accordance with Islamic teachings. Some of the specific actions include:
• Repent to Allah Almighty.
• Contemplate death and prepare for the hereafter.
• Supplicate to Allah Almighty with the aforementioned supplications and other supplications.
• Perform two rakʿat nafl Ṣalāh regularly and supplicate to Allah Almighty therein and thereafter for protection. This Ṣalāh is to be performed individually.
• Remember Allah continuously and engage in His remembrance, in particular takbīr and tasbīḥ.
• Read durūd in abundance.
• Give optional charity, as charity removes calamities.
• Keep the gaze lowered and avoid all obscene statements and actions. A ḥadīth from the Prophet ﷺ mentions, “Immorality never appears among a people to such an extent that they commit it openly, but plagues and diseases that were never known among the predecessors will spread among them” (Sunan Ibn Mājah, 4019; declared ṣaḥīḥ in al-Mustadrak, 8623).
10. Please be cautious and do not participate in creating an environment of fear and panic within your home and within society at large. Rather, whenever given the opportunity encourage others to be patient and have reliance upon Allah The Almighty, you will be rewarded greatly.
11.Finally, if a person is diagnosed with this virus, he should believe that this is from Allah Almighty, The Wise who has decided to test him, and that if he exercises patience he will be rewarded and his sins will be forgiven. If a Muslim dies in this illness, he is afforded the status of a martyr.
Allah The Almighty and The All Wise mentions in The Glorious Qur’an
Surah 9 – At-Tawba – Ayah 51:
قُلْ لَّنۡ يُّصِيۡبَنَاۤ اِلَّا مَا كَتَبَ اللّٰهُ لَنَا ۚ هُوَ مَوۡلٰٮنَا ۚ وَعَلَى اللّٰهِ فَلۡيَتَوَكَّلِ الۡمُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ
Say,”Nothing can ever reach us except what Allah has written for us. He is our Master, and in Allah alone the believers must place their trust.”
SOME PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES THE MASJID WILL BE TAKING TO SAFEGUARD OUR RESPECTED ATTENDEES:
• The masjid will be regularly cleaned and will require support from brothers attending.
• Wudu and toilets will also be cleaned extensively and more regularly and will require support from brothers attending.
We value your co-operation and will continue to keep you updated, please continue to support our Masjid in your duas and please continue making dua for the betterment of the whole Ummah.